Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis
The aim of RSSIA is to promote empirical research in various fields of Economics and foster the communication and expertise exchange between early career researchers and established scholars, faculty and students. RSSIA 2021 will continue the tradition of previous Summer Schools with project proposal presentations and discussions, tutorials, faculty lectures, and networking opportunities.
The working language is English.
RSSIA 2021 will support participants on their way from research idea to paper. Intense work on the paper in small groups, feedback and support from faculty members for 5 months are among features of RSSIA 2021.
RSSIA 2021 scope includes (and goes far beyond) the following fields: Applied Microeconomic Theory, Economics of Education, Economic Incentives, Economic History, Industrial Organization, Institutions, Labour Economics, Public Economics, Sports Economics, etc. The empirical research proposals on other topics, requiring the use of tools of economic analysis and/or computer science techniques, are welcome.
As a RSSIA participant, you will have the opportunity:
- to attend the lectures of distinguished experts in various areas of empirical economics: Dennis C. Coates (University of Maryland and HSE University), Sergey Popov (Cardiff Business School and HSE University), Koen Schoors (Ghent University and HSE University), Paola Valbonesi (University of Padova and HSE University), Nick Zubanov (University of Konstanz), Riccardo Camboni (University of Padova), Francisco Cabrera (University of Monterrey), Timur Natkhov (HSE University), Petr Parshakov (HSE University), Victor Rudakov (HSE University);
- to present and discuss several steps of your current research during seminars;
- to exchange the research experience with other RSSIA participants and faculty members;
- and, consequently, to improve your research significantly!
Deadline for applications is April 4th, 2021.
Participants are selected on the basis of their applications.
– write a motivation letter (no longer than 300 words);
To apply online:
– fill in a registration form;
– provide a current research project description (no longer than 1500 words + references).
You can find the research project proposal requirements at the Application page.
There is no registration fee.
Organizers cover participants’ accommodation and food costs. However, participants will have to cover their travel and visa costs.
More information: https://rssia.hse.ru/