The Doctoral School of Economics offers training in the following fields: Economic Theory; Economics and National Economy Management; Finance, Money Circulation and Credit; Accounting and Statistics; Mathematical and Instrumental Methods of Economics; and The World Economy.
The aim of the Doctoral School of Economics is to prepare future researchers and teachers who are able to ensure a high level of economic research and economic education in Russia, as well as to ensure further integration into the global economic research community.
While in training, doctoral students have the opportunity to:
- take modern courses on economics, finance, and economic research methods
- use HSE’s wealth of library resources and databases
- take part in research projects at HSE
- participate in numerous scientific seminars and conferences in Russia and internationally
- prepare and defend a dissertation for a Candidate of Economic Sciences degree
High educational standards for the Doctoral School of Economics give its graduates an excellent starting position in the labour market, as well as open up opportunities for future academic growth and fruitful professional dialogue with colleagues both in Russia and abroad.