HSE Doctoral School of political science is about to complete selection of participants in its Summer School on grey zones of politics.
Participants are expected to work out a draft article on grey zones of politics covering primarily but not exclusively such areas as
1) Contested autonomy. Self-governing communities within and outside states;
2) Contested sovereignty. Self-governing communities outside states;
3) Informal practices. Source of corruption or saturation for established institutions;
4) Alternative methodologies. Conflict or complementarity in mix-method designs;
5) Double-edged effectiveness. Competing evaluation of systemic functionality and its contextual relevance.
The participants will have a chance to improve their academic writing skills via team-work sessions with experts and editors, who can also give them advice on research design and methods that can be used in the research within the specific topic.
The Moscow leg of the school will take place on August 20-25. Successive smaller scale session will be conducted in Lodz University on October 9-10.
Candidates are advised to visithttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-V9_O7_6oci7nRScv--F1Agm5VlBAJLLm9pmFw0fUJ9dMWw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=send_form and to fill in the form there.