Admission through the Federal Quota Scheme is now closed
List of applicants awarded a Russian Government Quota Scheme scholarship in 2017
“Federal Quota Scheme” refers to the competitive selection of non-Russian applicants to a fixed number of state-funded places under doctoral programmes, financed by subsidies from the federal budget of the Russian Federation.
Foreign citizens, stateless persons, and Russian nationals residing abroad, who hold a Master’s or Specialist degree, may participate in the Quota Scheme for doctoral programmes.
Applications to state-funded places are accepted from February 1 - March 31, 2018
1) Complete your application
February 1 - March 31, 2018
List of Federal Quota Scheme Applicants-2017
2) Your application is reviewed by HSE Doctoral schools during the competitive selection stage
April 3 - 14, 2018
Doctoral schools shall independently determine the procedures for holding interviews with candidates.
The working languages for admission under the Quota Scheme are English / Russian (depending on the doctoral programme selected by the applicant).
Interviews may be held in long-distance mode.
Information on interview dates and venues will be published at least 10 calendar days in advance.
3) Final decisions on admissions shall be made in May 2018
The doctoral school shall nominate students who have been selected for admission for approval by the HSE Admissions Office.
A list of successful candidates will be published on the webpage of the respective doctoral school.
4) Accepted candidates must provide documents required for admission to HSE
before May 31, 2018.
Documents required for admission
1. a hardcopy of your completed application with a colour photo attached + a copy of the application;
2. two (2) copies of your non-Russian academic credentials (i.e., diploma/degree certificate).
(If you don’t have a diploma/degree certificate, and if this is a common practice for the country where your academic institution is located, you may provide a transcript or any other official document thereby confirming your level of education.)
3. a document issued by a medical institution located in your country of residence confirming that you have no medical contraindications for your studies in Russia (original + copy);
4. a document issued by a medical institution located in your country of residence confirming that you do not have HIV/AIDS (original + copy);
5. a copy of your ID (passport), which you intend to use for your travel to Russia (pages with personal data) - please be advised that your ID must be valid for at least 18 months starting from the date of issue of your student visa to Russia;
6. written consent to submit a copy of your academic credentials that have been duly legalized and recognized by the Russian Federation as per the established procedure by the set deadline (i.e., date of enrolment).
All documents must be accompanied by a notarized Russian translation.
You may submit your documents in person or send them via post to the following address: Office of Doctoral Studies, Higher School of Economics, 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa, Moscow, Russian Federation, 101000 (Российская Федерация, 101000, Москва, Мясницкая ул., д. 20, Высшая школа экономики, Управление аспирантуры и докторантуры).
If you wish to turn down an offered state-funded place, please make sure you send a notice stating this refusal in free format to the HSE Office of Doctoral Studies by July 15, 2017 (by e-mail to email@example.com).
There is also an Advanced Doctoral Programme where students receive a monthly stipend of 30 000 RUB. Once you've been admitted as a winer of quota grant you may also apply additional required pack of documents for an Advanced programme.