Application through Federal Quota is open
Foreign citizens, stateless persons, and Russian nationals residing abroad, who hold a Master’s or Specialist degree, may apply for tuition-free PhD studies (Federal Quota Scheme)
Applications are accepted February 1 - March 12, 2021
1)February 1 - March 12, 2021
- Motivation letter
- Letters of recommendation (max.2)
- Copy of publications or an essay devoted to the topic you are going to investigate in your doctoral research
- Confirmation of your essay topic by your prospective academic supervisor (by email is acceptable)
- Valid language proficiency certificate (English, French or German)
(Documents can be submitted in Russian or English).
2) Your application is reviewed by HSE Doctoral schools during the competitive selection stage
March 15 - April 16, 2021
Doctoral schools shall independently determine the procedures for holding interviews with candidates.
The working languages for admission under the Quota are English or Russian (depending on the doctoral programme selected by the applicant).
Interviews may be held in long-distance mode.
Information on interview dates and venues will be published at least 10 calendar days in advance.
3) Final decisions on admissions shall be made in May 2021
The doctoral school shall nominate students who have been selected for admission for approval by the HSE Admissions Office.
A list of successful candidates will be published on the webpage of the respective doctoral school.
4) Accepted candidates must provide documents required for admission to HSE
before May 28, 2021.