HSE welcomes students from different backgrounds and qualifications coming from all over the world.
International students can enroll in either in
- state-sponsored places carried out in accordance with international treaties and intergovernmental agreements of the Russian Federation (Federal Quota scheme with full-tution scholarship), or as
- full-fee paying students (Fee-paying scheme).
Training on doctoral programme is full-time.
Steps to apply
1. Choose your programme and Doctoral School.
2. Check the required documents and entry requirements to make sure that you have the right qualifications:
For tuition fees scheme: the required documents
For Federal Quota scheme: the required documents
3. Submit the application
All applicants whose primary language is not English or Russian (or for whom English or Russian is not one of their primary languages) are required to submit proof of satisfactory English/Russian proficiency. Accepted certificates: TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE, TORFL.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline.
- English/Russian proficiency:
Extemtions: Applicants who completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an institution where the primary language of instruction was English or Russian.